We have just announced the launch of Amazon Business on our UK website, Amazon.co.uk, the second country outside the US where we are delivering our new Amazon Business experience for business customers.
As in the US and Germany, Amazon Business in the UK (www.amazon.co.uk/business) meets the procurement needs of businesses of every size. We knew before launch that many of our existing customers were already purchasing products from Amazon.co.uk for use at work. We’ve listened to their needs and added the features that make purchasing for work more convenient. In addition to competitive pricing and great selection, Amazon Business customers have access to the following features:
- Free One-Day Delivery: Free premiums shipping on qualified orders of £30 or more.
- VAT-exclusive pricing and VAT invoicing: See prices with and without VAT and benefit from VAT invoicing.
- Visibility and control: Add a Purchase Order number to orders, add multiple users, set spending limits, enable purchasing approval workflows and gain visibility into spending with Amazon Business Analytics.
- Detailed transaction data on commercial card purchases: Track and reconcile business purchases with line-item detail on every Amazon Business purchase made with a Visa Commercial Card issued by Barclaycard, Citi, HSBC or Lloyds Bank.
- Integrated into procurement systems: Enabled on leading procurement platforms including Coupa, JAGGAER and SAP Ariba.
Our UK team is thrilled to see customers already benefiting from a range of business-tailored features. "As a company, we want to spend as little time as possible purchasing the thousands of things we need to run our business,” said Paul Egan, CTO of Founders Factory, one of the U.K.’s leading start up incubators. “Amazon Business gives us access to everything we need at competitive prices, whilst supporting our fast pace and agile way of working – crucial as we’re currently hiring one to two people per week on average."
Amazon Business launched in the US in April 2015. In its first year, Amazon Business served more than 400,000 customers and generated more than $1 billion in sales, with third-party sellers fulfilling over half of the orders. More than 45,000 third-party sellers sell on Amazon Business in the U.S.
Amazon Business launched in Germany in December 2016, and now has more than 50,000 business customers. More than 10,000 business sellers sell their products to business customers. Since launch, Amazon Business has shipped to business customers in more than 60 countries through the US, UK and German websites.
Business customers can register for a free Amazon Business account via www.amazon.co.uk/business.